Monday 2 December 2013

Shelters Alleyways and Rucksack on sofa

Homelessness, looking at the images below I am not only thinking about the people on the street who are homeless, I think about children who have run from home due to abuse or neglect or other reasons, I spoke to friends who were homeless and asked them to talk about their experience, these were the words they used.
frightening, disorientating, self esteem, self worth, bricks and mortar, bankruptcy, closed doors, hyper sensitivity, panic attacks, deposit, cleanliness, enticement, loss of pride, failure, lonely, cold, hungry, anticipation, distressed, panic, crack, smack, rape, vulnerability, abuse, stressful, internal scars, paranoia, dread, anxiety, unwanted, scars on my soul, homophobia,
With these words, I thought about using them and having them spilling out of my rucksack, as these are the words that were carried around by me and some of my friends during that time.

 
 
 
 
 I wondered how many people had used this as a shelter below?
Above is a trace of someone being there, smoking and maybe making a fire.
 
 
 
 
A painting in water colour of the rucksack on the sofa.
I used the washed out colours to try to translate the drabness of the situation I often was in.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment